Seattle Probate & Estate Planning Attorney
Estate planning is perhaps the most important step a person can take to make sure that loved ones are provided for and that property and health care wishes are honored. Unfortunately, this action is often overlooked or put off.
Steven A. Hemmat can provide answers to questions you have about this crucial area, including questions about:
- Durable powers of attorney
- Healthcare directives
- Testamentary trusts
- Estate administration and probate
- Litigation related to all aspects of estate disputes
- Planning for incapacity, including healthcare & financial powers of attorney
- Gifting techniques and strategies
- Life Insurance planning
- Charitable giving and charitable entities
- Marital property agreements
When the time comes, attorney Steven Hemmat can help advise the administrators of an estate regarding the proper distribution of assets, liquidating liabilities, paying taxes, attending probate court proceedings and carrying out decedents’ other wishes, including defending and/or prosecuting will contests and handling creditor claims. He also handles ancillary probate involving property in other states.
For more information, please visit the Probate FAQs section of this website.